Besides some rest during spring break, I worked in the flower bed, visited my new great-great nephew (and some other family), went fishing, and sewed a little. Oh yes I got to go to the Dallas Quilt Show on March 10th with my friend Teresa! We had fun at the vendors and saw some beautiful quilts.
I made this little quilt top from leftover blocks from a wedding quilt (November 2011 post). The couple didn't know if they were having a girl/boy and I made them a neutral quilt in February(February 18th post). When the sweet baby girl was born, I decided to put the leftover blocks to use. Need to get it quilted this week so we can go see her soon.
These are pictures from my latest "scrappy" adventure. I won't say much about this quilt yet but I do have 4 more to make like it. Goal to finish these is middle of June. I believe the pattern is called Arkansas Crossroads. I found it in the American Patchwork & Quilting, August 2008 and adjusted the block size.
Sorry this is sideways but you can see the block anyway. The quilt will have 48 of these blocks and I have them mostly done. Now just to lay them out to balance the colors a bit. The fabrics are very scrappy for a reason to be revealed later.
I got a new foot pedal for my featherweight at the Dallas quilt show and it works so much better! I also got a 1/4" foot and it works much better than the stack of post it notes I had placed to butt my seam allowance against.