Monday, November 28, 2011

November has been a very busy month!  Quilting wise I got a few things done.  I helped my friend Teresa finish up quilting a beautiful blue batik bedspread size quilt that she made.  She did a wonderful job quilting flowers in the center.  I did meandering on the borders.
I finished up a wedding signature quilt that I made for one of Emma's college friends.  The next picture shows the center paper pieced block.  The church block pattern is on Marcia Hon's site: http://quilterscache.com/.

Today I made scarves for my preschool class for Christmas.  I cut them from fleece and appliqued their initials on them.  The pink are for the girls and the red for the boys.  I have one more to make for one of the boys.  I got the fabric upside down and didn't have anymore wonder under to do another.  They made up really quickly.  Emma laid them out to spell a couple of hidden words with the letters.  She's a teacher for sure!

Not sure why these are sideways!
I also got the borders on a Christmas gift quilt and the backing cut and pieced.  Will work on quilting it later this week.  I have worked on the November row for my calendar quilt but it's not quite finished.  I also designed a new row for the December row.  It was a row of Santas that I didn't like too much.  So I used my TriRecs rulers and made Christmas tree patterns for that row.  They are cut and one of each type is sewn.
This is a paper prototype.
I have to stop procrastinating and get some work done for my prek class for tomorrow. No more sewing tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment